Rape is Power, not Lust  

Posted by Kamelia

There are a lot of issues or topics that are near and dear to my heart, but I just can't seem to write about them, because whenever try to, I am seized with such anger and indignation that I can't seem to write properly. You know that feeling you get when you are so angry, and words just fail to get out from your mouth, and you stutter instead, and say stupid things that doesn't really do much to defend yourself?

I get that whenever stupid people accuse of women as "asking" for rape by dressing "provocatively". Malay and Muslim men especially is always advocating this reason, and attempt to cover their women by introducing dress codes for women, and in the process render them shapeless.

This is the part where my anger builds up, and I can no longer be coherent. So please read this article by the ever articulate Marina Mahathir.

Now let me go and vent.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Malaysia License.