Song  

Posted by Kamelia

Being all grown up puts into perspective the stuff that you went through as a teenager. I wish as I could say that I was only a teenager last year. But being 24, that was a good 4 years ago. Yikes!

I didn't have that much going on when I was a teenager when it came to boys. Except for Baby, I never really had a boyfriend. But like any other normal girl in highschool, I've had my own share of ups and downs when it came to boys.

I think I've always been a romantic person...but a pragmatic one. Oxymoron, I know, but there it is. I could make up all sorts of things in my head, but when it came down to it, I knew this guy or that guy just wasn't the one for me, because we had hardly anything in common. Teenagers don't usually think of that. They just look for the most physically attractive one, and hone in.

I used to stay up till late at night, making up conversations, writing poetry, planning when to "bump" into him. And then, when it all doesn't work out, I'd just curl up in bed, and listen to the soppiest of songs, and immerse myself in tears.

Kid stuff...I know.

But now and then, one of those soppy songs gets played on the radio, and for some inexplicable reason, it takes me back to that vulnerable state, when boys broke your heart, and people can be mean. It's been years since all those has happened, and I guess I've grown a rather thick skin.

But there's something about certain songs that just transports you back. I mean, how many people can listen to Boyz II Men's "End of the Road" and not reflect on that first time someone dumped you. For me, that song has always been this song. Faith Hill's "Let me let go".


This entry was posted on Monday, November 16, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Malaysia License.