Forgive me for I have sinned  

Posted by Kamelia

Forgive me, for I have sinned:

I haven't read any books for more than 6 months. I went from a person who was buying at least one book a month to buying video games instead. How very horrible of me as a lover and believer of books. I miss the turning of pages, the feel of paper, the cup of hot milo by my side as my mind is transported into that other world. Books were and is my drug. But how did the transition from books to video games happen? Sigh...

Forgive me, for I have sinned:

I have been indulging in this holiday season, and have not been taking care of my health. My asthma is getting worse, and so is my waist line. Why don't I have any guilt as I gulp down this tall java chip, and have a cup of plain tea instead? Does Hari Raya Aidiladha give one the excuse to indulge in two helpings of nasi minyak, and mum's delicious kerutub daging? Will that delicious lemang haunt me forever more?

Forgive me for I have sinned:

I almost killed the catfish today, because I was being careless about the insecticide. As he gulped for air at the bottom of the pond, I froze in panic and lost precious time. Will he forever be maimed because of my incredulous stupidity?

And yet, even with my sins, life have been incredibly good to me. Maybe I am blessed, or just lucky. Everyday, I want to be a better person than I was yesterday.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Malaysia License.